Unit 6 In Spite of War Angela Morgan English Notes Class 10
Unit 6 In Spite of War Angela Morgan
Angela Morgan English NotesClass 10
A. Answer the following questions.
Q1: What are the things that thrive despite the ravages of war?
Ans: According to the poem Lilacs, Tulip, Daisy, Pansies, and gardens are the things that thrive despite the ravages of war.
Q2: What are some of the different words and images used in the poem that convey the emotions of loss?
Ans: Death, Suffering, Hate, War, Despair, Guns roaring, Cannon boom, and Nightmares are the words and images which convey the emotions of loss.
Q3: In the poem “In spite of war”, there are several examples of personification. Identify two examples of personification: explain what is being personified and how?
Ans: In the poem “In spite of war”, there are several examples of personification, but the two examples are as under:
When pansies lift their eyes to mine.
- Tulips are tripping down the path.
- In both examples, the poetess has given human qualities to non-human things.
Ans: The tone of the poem is optimistic. The poetess says that despite the war & destruction, everything in nature is going normal. Life continues as usual. The following words tell us about the tone. Laugh, Sings, Courage, Rejoice, Blooming of flowers, Glory, and gardens.
Q5: What is the theme of the poem ‘In spite of war’?
Ans: The main theme of the poem is very simple. The poetess encourages us to look at the beauty around us rather than focus on the negative aspect of our lives. She says that in spite of war & other negative things, life continues as nothing was happening.
B. Choose the correct option.
- (a) Natural beauty
- (c) Personification
- (d) Onomatopoeia
- (d) Ecstasy & elation
- (a) Optimistic
- UNIT 02 THE CHAMPIONS CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- UNIT 03 POEM DREAMS LANGSTON HUGHES
- UNIT 04 POPULATION GROWTH AND ITS IMPACT ON ENVIRONMENT”
- UNIT 05 “THE GREAT MASJID OF CORDOBA & IQBAL” CLASS 10 NOTES
- UNIT 6 IN SPITE OF WAR ANGELA MORGAN ENGLISH NOTESCLASS 10
- UNIT 07 THE AGED MOTHER ENGLISH NOTES CLASS 10
- UNIT 08 WOMEN ROLE IN THE PAKISTAN MOVEMENT
- UNIT 09 POEM EQUIPMENT EDGAR GUEST
- UNIT 10 WATER SCARCITY IN PAKISTAN
- UNIT 11 GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS (GMOS)
- UNIT 12 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES MARY LISLE
- UNIT 13 HAZRAT UMAR (RA) CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- UNIT 14 THE MODEL MILLIONAIRE CLASS 10 NOTES
- UNIT 15 POEM OPPORTUNITY WALTER MALONE
STANZA COMPREHENSION Class 10 English Notes
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 1 dream LANGSTON HUGHES CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 2 IN SPITE OF WAR CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 3 EQUIPMENT EDGAR GUEST CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 4 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES MARY LISLE CLASS
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 5 OPPORTUNITY WALTER MALONE CLASS 10
PARAPHRASES OF POEM Class 10 English Notes
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM DREAMS CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 2 IN SPITE OF WAR CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEMS 3 EQUIPMENT CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 4 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 5 OPPORTUNITY CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
English Essay Class 10th
Unit 6 In Spite of War Angela Morgan English NotesClass 10, Unit 6 In Spite of War Angela Morgan English NotesClass 10