Unit 13 Hazrat Umar (RA) Class 10 English Notes
New updated Class 10th English notes, Unit 13 Hazrat Umar RA short and long question, Choose the correct option, Verb, grammar notes, and MCQs English 10 Notes.
Unit 13 Hazrat Umar (RA)
A. Answer the following questions.
Q1: Why did Hazrat Umar Farooq (RA) deposit the jewels, given by the empress of Rome to Hazrat Umar’s (RA) wife, in the bait-Ul-Mal?
Ans: Hazrat Umar (RA) deposited the jewels given by the empress of Rome to Hazrat Umar’s (RA) wife, in bait-Ul-Mal because those jewels were gifted to her due to the high status of the Caliph Umar Farooq (RA). They considered it as a Government property.
Q2: Hazrat Umar Farooq (RA) was one of those people who served the new religion with singleness of purpose. Describe the services of Hazrat Umar (RA) to Islam in the context of this statement?
Hazrat Umar (RA) led a very simple life and strictly followed the prophet’s teachings. He helped the prophet Muhammad (SAW) in difficult times. He participated in every war physically and economically. He served the Muslims as a servant, not as a ruler. He strictly believed in rule of law and justice.
Q3: Humility and simplicity were the hallmarks of Hazrat Umar’s (RA) rule. Support this view by giving evidence from the given text?
Humility and Simplicity were the great qualities of Umar’s (RA) personality. He led a simple life. His life standard was no higher than a common man. He wore a simple dress and ate simple food. Once a Roman Emperor was surprised to see him lying on the bare floor of the Masjid.
Why did Hazrat Umar (RA) not eat wheat bread?
Umar Farooq (RA) did not eat wheat bread because it was not available to every common person in his vast dominions.
How did Hazrat Umar (RA) ensure his own accountability and the accountability of his governors before the public during his government?
Hazrat Umar (RA) ensured his own accountability and accountability of his governors before the public during his Government. A common man had easy access to Hazrat Umar (RA). Everyone was free to question his actions. Every Governor had to sign a bond on his appointment that he would lead a simple life and all people would have easy access to his presence. Hazrat Umar’s (RA) era is considered the golden period of Islam.
B. Choose the correct option.
- (C) Austere
- (c) The poor could not afford wheat
- (b) Luxury & display of wealth
- (a) Humanism & social welfare of disadvantage
- (a) the welfare of people.
B. Form verbs from these words.
Active and Passive voice
A. Decide whether the sentences are written in Active or Passive.
- Boys like to play soccer. (Active)
- This room has been painted blue. (Passive)
- Cricket is played in Australia. (Passive)
- I am given a book. (Passive)
- We have lost our keys. (Active)
- You might see Dolphins here. (Active)
- The report must be completed by next Friday. (Passive)
- They were singing a song in the lesson yesterday. (Active)
B. Rewrite the following sentences so that the verbs will be in the active voice.
1. We are taught grammar by Mrs. Sikandar.
Mrs Sikandar teaches us grammar.
2. He was praised by the teacher.
The teacher praised him.
3. The injured were taken to the hospital by the firemen.
The firemen took the injured to the hospital.
4. The town was destroyed by an earthquake.
An earthquake destroyed the town.
5. The teacher was pleased with the boy’s work.
The boy’s work pleased the teacher.
6. The building was damaged by the fire.
The fire damaged the building.
7. By whom were you taught English?
Who taught you English?
8. You will be given a ticket by the manager.
The manager will give you a ticket.
- UNIT 02 THE CHAMPIONS CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- UNIT 03 POEM DREAMS LANGSTON HUGHES
- UNIT 04 POPULATION GROWTH AND ITS IMPACT ON ENVIRONMENT”
- UNIT 05 “THE GREAT MASJID OF CORDOBA & IQBAL” CLASS 10 NOTES
- UNIT 6 IN SPITE OF WAR ANGELA MORGAN ENGLISH NOTESCLASS 10
- UNIT 07 THE AGED MOTHER ENGLISH NOTES CLASS 10
- UNIT 08 WOMEN ROLE IN THE PAKISTAN MOVEMENT
- UNIT 09 POEM EQUIPMENT EDGAR GUEST
- UNIT 10 WATER SCARCITY IN PAKISTAN
- UNIT 11 GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS (GMOS)
- UNIT 12 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES MARY LISLE
- UNIT 14 THE MODEL MILLIONAIRE CLASS 10 NOTES
- UNIT 15 POEM OPPORTUNITY WALTER MALONE
PARAPHRASES OF POEM Class 10 English Notes
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM DREAMS CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 2 IN SPITE OF WAR CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEMS 3 EQUIPMENT CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 4 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 5 OPPORTUNITY CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
STANZA COMPREHENSION Class 10 English Notes
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 1 dream LANGSTON HUGHES CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 2 IN SPITE OF WAR CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 3 EQUIPMENT EDGAR GUEST CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 4 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES MARY LISLE CLASS
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 5 OPPORTUNITY WALTER MALONE CLASS 10