Unit 10 Water Scarcity in Pakistan
Unit 10 Water Scarcity in Pakistan Class 10 Egnlish Notes
What are the main sources of water in Pakistan?
Ans: The main sources of water in Pakistan are Glaciers, Rainfall, Rivers and Underground water etc.
A. Answer the following questions.
Q1: What are the main sources of water in Pakistan?Ans: The main sources of water in Pakistan are Glaciers, Rainfall, Rivers and Underground water etc. Q2: What are the river drainage systems of Pakistan? Describe brieflyAns: There are three river drainage systems of Pakistan.
- The Indus Basin River: It originates from Tibet and flow to the west and finally fall into the Arabian Sea. It covers an area of 365000 sq miles. We receive 141.67 million square feet of water from it.
- Closed Basin Kharan desert: Its main rivers are Pishin Lora, Badoo Rakhshan and Mash Khel. It covers an area of 120,100 Sq.Km. We get 4.5 million-acre feet of water from it.
- Makran Coastal Basin: It consists of streams of Malir, Hub, Porali, Kud, Hingol, Nai, Dasht, Mashhad, Nihing and Kech.It covers an area of 122,400 Sq Km. We get 0.78 million water from it.
Q3: What are the main causes of water shortage in Pakistan? DiscussAns: The main causes of water shortage in Pakistan are as under:
- The rapid increase in population.
- Construction of dams by India over river Chenab and Jhelum.
- Wastage of water.
- Non-construction of more water reservoirs.
- Rapid depletion of groundwater.
Q4: What measures can we take to overcome water shortage in Pakistan? Ans: We can take the following measures to overcome water shortage in Pakistan.
- Construction of water reservoirs.
- Control over wastage of water.
- Increased use of water-efficient crops
- Adopting water-efficient methods of irrigation.
- Implementation of national water policy 2018.
Q5: What can you do on own to contribute to the conservation of water in your home and surrounding?Ans: We can do the following things to contribute to the conservation of water in our home and surrounding. We should check our house for leaks. We should take short showers. We should use less amount of water in domestic use etc. Q6: What is the importance of building national reservoirs?Ans: Building of national reservoirs of water are important because they provide water for domestic, industry and irrigation purposes. They also provide hydroelectric power production and river navigation.B. Choose the correct options.1. (c) Personification 2. (b) Deprived of3. (a) Conserve water & reduce its wastage. 4. (d) Seventh5. (d) Save water to secure your future.
Unit 10 Water Scarcity GRAMMAR
The Infinitive: An infinitive is a verb form that can be used as a noun, an adjective, or an adverb. Most infinitives begin with “to”.A. Locate the infinitives in each sentence. Identify each as an adverb, an adjective or a noun.
- To read
- To share, to care, to give, to receive
- To vote
- To call
- To finish
- To go
- To case, to solve
- To fly.
The infinitive Phrase: An infinitive phrase consists of an infinitive together with its modifiers and complements. The entire phrase may be used as a noun, an adjective or an adverb.
- To win her friendship
- To sleep in
- To discuss the problem
- To bring cookies
- To win the lottery
- To visit on a cold day
- To obey at all times
- To think over the argument.
Gerunds: A gerund is a “verb + ing” used as a noun.i.e Swimming etc.A. Use gerunds in the following.Ans
- Always check the oil, before starting the car.
- The house looked beautiful after decorating with lights.
- Praising all alike is praising none.
- I cannot go on doing nothing.
- Collecting wealth ruins health.
- Seeing is believing.
- Giving is better than receiving.
- Talking like this is foolish.
- She loves reading books.
Gerund phrase: A gerund phrase consists of a gerund and related words.B. Underline the gerund phrase in the sentences below.Ans
- Brisk walking
- Playing bridge.
- Promising Sami
- Standing during a two- hour train
- Sailing on the lake
- Volunteering at the hospital
- Watching quiz shows on TV.
- Taking out the garbage.
Class 10 English Handwriting Notes
- Unit 02 The Champions Class 10 English Notes
- Unit 03 Poem Dreams Langston Hughes
- Unit 04 Population Growth and its Impact On Environment”
- Unit 05 “The Great Masjid of Cordoba & Iqbal” Class 10 Notes
- Unit 07 The Aged Mother English Notes Class 10
- Unit 08 Women’s Role in the Pakistan Movement
- Unit 11 Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Unit 12 They have cut down the pines Mary Lisle
- Unit 13 Hazrat Umar (RA) Class 10 English Notes
- Unit 14 THE MODEL MILLIONAIRE Class 10 Notes