Unit 11 Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) English Class 10 Notes
A. Answer the following questions.
What are genes and genetics?
Why is the discovery of a gene called a game-changer in biological sciences?
The discovery of genes is called a game-changer in biological sciences because it led to the development of genetic and the process of genetic engineering through which genetically modified plants and animals are produced.
What is genetic engineering? What role does genetic engineering play in producing genetically modified organisms?
Genetic engineering is the process of manipulation of an organism’s genes directly by transplanting DNA from other organisms in its cells. Genetically modified organisms are produced through this process having the desired traits.
Write at least two merits and two demerits of GMOs?
Two merits of GMOs are:
1. Eradication of hereditary disease.
2. Increase resistance to diseases.
Two demerits of GMOs are:
1. The unpredictability of the behavior of altered genes.
2. GMOs may take some unwanted characteristics causing harm to our health environment or ecosystem.
What is your opinion will be the effect of GMOs on our lives, lifestyle, and the environment in the future?
Ans: Although GMOs have made our lives easy and comfortable, they have some dangerous effects. The unpredictability of the behavior of altered genes, unwanted characteristics, health problems, population problems, etc are some of the concerns about GMOs that may harm the ecosystem and human health.
Have you ever used genetically modified foods? Give suggestions & solutions for the safe use of genetically modified foods?
Yes, I have used genetically modified foods. I have the following suggestions and solutions for the safe use of GMOs.
1. To test the feasibility of GMOs, for any potential risk.
2. Quality of the product should be ensured.
3. Avoid processed foods in general.
4. Avoid factory-farmed animal products.
B. Choose the correct options.
- (d) Genes
- (a) A point in a chain of events ……
- (a) Fact
- (d) Argumentative
- (d) A few decades ago control of genes in living org…
- UNIT 02 THE CHAMPIONS CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- UNIT 03 POEM DREAMS LANGSTON HUGHES
- UNIT 04 POPULATION GROWTH AND ITS IMPACT ON ENVIRONMENT”
- UNIT 05 “THE GREAT MASJID OF CORDOBA & IQBAL” CLASS 10 NOTES
- UNIT 6 IN SPITE OF WAR ANGELA MORGAN ENGLISH NOTES CLASS 10
- UNIT 07 THE AGED MOTHER ENGLISH NOTES CLASS 10
- UNIT 08 WOMEN ROLE IN THE PAKISTAN MOVEMENT
- UNIT 09 POEM EQUIPMENT EDGAR GUEST
- UNIT 10 WATER SCARCITY IN PAKISTAN
- UNIT 11 GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS (GMOS)
- UNIT 12 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES MARY LISLE
- UNIT 13 HAZRAT UMAR (RA) CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- UNIT 14 THE MODEL MILLIONAIRE CLASS 10 NOTES
- UNIT 15 POEM OPPORTUNITY WALTER MALONE
PARAPHRASES OF The POEM Class 10 English Notes
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM DREAMS CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 2 IN SPITE OF WAR CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEMS 3 EQUIPMENT CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 4 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 5 OPPORTUNITY CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
STANZA COMPREHENSION Class 10 English Notes
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 1 dream LANGSTON HUGHES CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 2 IN SPITE OF WAR CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 3 EQUIPMENT EDGAR GUEST CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 4 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES MARY LISLE CLASS
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 5 OPPORTUNITY WALTER MALONE CLASS 10
- Unit 11 Genetically Modified Organisms
- TRY AGAIN SUMMARY FOR 10TH CLASS
- PUNJAB TEXTBOOK BOARD BOOKS ALL CLASS BOOKS PDF DOWNLOAD
- BEST 117 SINDH TEXTBOOK BOARD JAMSHORO
- 9TH CLASS ENGLISH NOTES – 9TH NOTES PDF
- 9TH CLASS MATH NOTES FOR FEDERAL-PDF NOTES
Unit 11 Genetically Modified Organisms, Unit 11 Genetically Modified Organisms, Unit 11 Genetically Modified Organisms, Unit 11 Genetically Modified Organisms.