Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 5 A Cellular Life previous MCQs, Previous papers, long questions, short questions, exercise, entry test MCQs and examples.
Meaning: “The word virus is dived from the Latin word venom which means poisonous fluid”
Definition: “it is a non-cellular obligate parasite which contains DNA or Rna surrounded by a protein coat.”
The branch which deals with the study of the virus is known as virology.”
Question: Give a brief status of viruses in classification.
Status of viruses:
Introduction: Viruses lie on the borderline between living things and nonliving things.
1 Living Characters of the virus:
Viruses are considered as living objects because they possess the major properties of living organisms such as:
- They possess DNA or RNA
- They have the ability of reproduction
- They can produce mutations
- They can show genetic recombination
- They can infect other living organisms things
- They show irritability.
Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 5 A Cellular Life pdf download
- Biology Notes Chapter No 1 Cell Structure and Function pdf
- Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 2 Biological Molecules
- Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 3 Enzymes
- Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 4 Bioenergetics
- Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 6 Prokaryotic
- Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 7 Protests and Fungi
- Biology Notes FA FSC Chapter No 8 Diversity Among Plants
- Biology Notes fa fsc Chapter No 9 Diversity Among Animals
- Biology Notes Fa Fsc Chapter No 10 Form and Function in plants
- Biology Notes Fa Fsc Chapter No 11 Digestion
- Biology Notes Fa Fsc Chapter No 12 Circulation