Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 7 Protests and Fungi
biology unique professor notes
Q: what is Protista, write their general features.
Protista” ( Proto- first ( 60,000 – 200,000 species)
Definition: “These are the first and oldest eukaryote organisms, very much different from each other in size, structure, and means of locomotion, nutrition, reproduction, habitats, and interaction with the host.”
- Protists are eukaryotes.
- The protists are unicellular, conical, or simple multicellular organisms.
- They may be autotrophic or heterotrophic
- There is no tissue system in multicellular protest.
- Protists have flagella at some stage during their life cycle.
- On the basis of their resemblances with pants, animals, and fungi, protists are divided into plank-like, animal-like, and fungus-like protests.
Question: 2 Explain the different groups of Protista.
On the basis of mode of nutrition, Protista is divided into three major :
- Animal-like protists ( ingestive protists)
- Pant like protest (photosynthetic protists)
- Fungi like protists Absorptive protest)
biology pdf notes
- Biology Notes Chapter No 1 Cell Structure and Function pdf
- Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 2 Biological Molecules
- Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 3 Enzymes
- Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 4 Bioenergetics
- Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 5 A Cellular Life
- Biology Notes FA FSc Chapter No 6 Prokaryotic
- Biology Notes FA FSC Chapter No 8 Diversity Among Plants
- Biology Notes fa fsc Chapter No 9 Diversity Among Animals
- Biology Notes Fa Fsc Chapter No 10 Form and Function in plants
- Biology Notes Fa Fsc Chapter No 11 Digestion
- Biology Notes Fa Fsc Chapter No 12 Circulation