Class 11 English notes chapter no 20 job interview 2021 Khyber Pakhtunkhwa textbook board Peshawar class 11 English notes, fbise, Punjab, Sindh, and Karachi. boards.
How to Take a Job Interview English Notes Chapter 20 pdf 2021
What is a job interview?
Job interview holds an important place in the hiring process. The basic purpose of conducting an interview is to judge the applicant on the basis of his/her skills, experience, and personality that are the prerequisites for any particular job.
How should one dress for job interviews?
One should dress appropriately for job interviews. It is the professional outlook that when amalgamated with bright ideas can pave a smooth way to be selected for the vacant position. To look professional doesn’t mean that you should wear fancy clothes or popular name brands rather it is all about feeling good about yourself. Whatever you choose for your job interview should be a clear reflection of your personality.
Q.3) Describe some types of job interviews and their purposes.
There are different types of job interviews such as behavioral interviews, case interviews, group interviews, phone and video interviews, online interviews. Among them the three of the most important ones are:
Behavioral Based Interviews:
These types of interviews are taken in order to know well about the personality trait, behavior, and attitude of the candidate. In such interviews, the candidate has to answer in an elaborate manner about his past job experiences rather than giving a simple yes or no reply.
When the candidate has to be judged with respect to his analytical and problem-solving skills, case interviews are conducted. The candidate is presented with a job related scenario by the interviewer and then he is asked to manage the situation. For management consulting and investment and executive positions, such types of interviews are taken.
Competency-Based Interviews / Job Specific Interviews:
As the name indicates, such interviews are conducted in order to determine whether the candidate has the potential or specific skill for that particular job.
What is the impact of dressing in an interview?
The way you are dressed up for the job interview matters a lot. Therefore, one needs to know the significance of dressing at the time of interviewing. If the candidate is overdressed then it casts a clumsy, disrespectful and untidy impact on the interviewer. On the other hand, if the candidate is dressed-up smartly then it gives the right impression to the interviewer about your serious approach towards the interview and speaks for your self-confidence as well.
How can a person keep nerves calm during interviews?
A person can keep nerves calm during an interview by being smart, confident, well-prepared and carefully planning for the opening of the interview.
Q.6) What is the importance of the first five minutes in a job interview? How should the opening of the interview be planned?
First five minutes in a job interview are very crucial for the candidate as some studies show that about 30 percent of hiring decisions are taken in these first five minutes and 5 percent in the first 60 seconds. Keeping in view the importance of the first five minutes, the candidate must prepare himself well by carefully planning for the opening. If the candidate becomes successful in giving the appropriate answer to the first question then he is able to gain confidence for the rest of the interview and that matters a lot for his selection.
Q.7) What is the role of self confidence in job interviews and how can it be boosted?
Self-confidence plays a vital role in job interviews and the success of the applicant largely depends on it. Self-confidence can be attained through preparation. One can boost self confidence by following certain rules such as using a firm handshake, smiling, making eye contact, sitting tall and lean that clearly represent your engaged mood. To listen attentively and respond accordingly shows one’s self-confidence in the interview.
Q.8) What type of text is used in the lesson ‘How to take a Job Interview?’ Illustrate it with examples from the text.
The type of the text used in the lesson ‘How to Take a Job Interview’ is simple to be easily understood by everyone. Thesis statement, supporting details, and topic sentences are effectively used by the writer to strengthen the points. All the paragraphs are well-connected, coherent and unified.
Q.9) What is the central idea of the lesson ‘How to Take a Job Interview?’
The central idea of the lesson ‘How to Take a Job Interview’ is to provide us with guidelines that are really helpful with respect to job interviews. Through this lesson, we learn a lot about job prerequisites, basic skills, and techniques required to make us a successful candidate in a job interview.
Q.10) What is a mock interview? How can it be helpful for preparation of job interviews?
A mock interview is basically a practice interview. It is about rehearsing for the actual job interview. With mock interviews, one can get a chance to practice for the interview and learn about his interviewing skills by receiving feedback. Professional career counselors, friends or family members are the best ones to conduct a typical mock interview. This type of interview helps the job seeker to learn ways to answer difficult questions, develop interview strategies, improve communication skills, and also becomes a huge source to reduce stress level before an actual job interview.
Vocaulary english notes for class 11 kpk board
Search the following home related words in a dictionary, identify their part of speech then fill in the blanks.
I live with my family in a house near the sea. The house is 60 years old and has a big garden with fruit trees and flowers. We have two bedrooms upstairs, where we sleep. The living room is downstairs. The bathroom has a shower and toilet, but no bath. We cook in the kitchen and eat in the dining room. We don’t have a garage for the car, so we park it outside the house. We don’t have any carpets in the house, we prefer wooden floors. We also have a lot of antique furniture, including chairs and tables. The house is always warm in winter because we have a lovely big fireplace. In summer, the sun shines through the big window in the living room.
Grammar 1st year english notes 2021
A. Make passive voice.
1. In this street letters ___________ by the postman at 8 every day. (deliver)
2. This bag ________ on the bus yesterday night. (find)
3. I’m afraid the dress _____ in hot water. (cannot wash)
4. __________ your motorbike ______ yet? I’d like to borrow it. (repair)
5. The message ________ tomorrow, I promise. (send)
6. These offices ________ now. Be careful, the floors are wet. (clean)
7. This report ________ in time if you didn’t help me. Thank you very much. (not finish)
8. Why _______ the TV _________ ? Everyone has gone to bed. (turn on)
9. This building needs renovating. It _________ since the 1960’s. (not reconstruct)
10. Madam, you cannot take your bag into the gallery. All bags ________ in the cloakroom. (must leave)
11. The engine ________ just ________ when the manager saw it. And he was satisfied with it. (test)
12. I’m sorry, sir. The last umbrellas _________ in the morning. (sell)
13. Where have you been so long? You _______ to arrive so late if you worked for me. (not allow)
14. Please, be patient. The plan ____ in two days. (announce)
15. All the halls _________ at the moment. It will take us two three days. (paint)
16. What were we doing at 11 o’clock? We _________ by a reporter. (interview)
17. After the window pane _________ someone smashed the window again. (replace)
1. In this street letters are delivered by the postman at 8 every day.
2. This bag was found on the bus yesterday night.
3. I’m afraid the dress cannot be washed in hot water.
4. Has your motorbike repaired yet? I’d like to borrow it.
5. The message will be sent tomorrow, I promise.
6. These offices are being cleaned now. Be careful, the floors are wet.
7. This report would not be finished in time if you didn’t help me. Thank you very much.
8. Why is the TV turned on? Everyone has gone to bed.
9. This building needs renovating. It has not been constructed since the 1960s.
10. Madam, you cannot take your bag into the gallery. All bags must be left in the cloakroom.
11. The engine was just being tested when the manager saw it. And he was satisfied with it.
12. I’m sorry, sir. The last umbrellas were sold in the morning.
13. Where have you been so long? You will not be allowed to arrive so late if you worked for me.
14. Please, be patient. The plan would be announced in two days.
15. All the halls are being painted at the moment. It will take us two-three days.
16. What were we doing at 11 o’clock? We were being interviewed by a reporter.
17. After the windowpane was replaced someone smashed the window again.
Read more: Class 11 English Notes A Long Walk Home