CHAPTER NO 10 ACIDS, BASES AND SALTS | Chemistry 10
Q.1: What is the origin of Acid? Give examples of acids, bases, and salts substances in our daily life?
Ans: Origin of Acid:
The term acid is derived from the Latin word “Acidus” which means sour. So acids are those substances having a sour taste.
Read more: Notes
Some important acids in our daily life:
Many important acidic substances which we use in our daily life are as under:
- Acetic Acid: It is found in vinegar.
- Lactic Acid: It is found in fermented milk.
- Malic Acid: It is found in apple.
- Citric Acid: It is found in citrus fruits like lemon, orange, grapes etc.
- Hydrochloric Acid: It is found in our stomach which helps in the digestion of food.
- Formic Acid: It is in the sting of ants and bees.
Some important bases and salts in our daily life:
There are many bases and salts which we use in our daily life. For example:
- Washing Soda (Na2CO3 10H2O
It is salt and is used for washing purposes.
- Baking Soda NaHCO3
It is also a salt and is used for baking of cakes and other confectionaries.
- Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH):
It is also called caustic soda which is used for the preparation of soap.
- Magnesium Hydroxide (Mg(OH )2)
It is used as an antacid
Q.2: Compare the physical properties of acids and bases?
Ans: Comparison between physical properties of acids and bases: It is given in the table given below:
Q.3: Describe the different concepts of acids and bases?
Ans: Different concepts about acids and bases:
The different concepts about acids and bases are described below:
The Arrhenius concept(The classical concept):
The first concept about acids and bases was presented by a Swedish chemist, Arrhenius in 1884.
Definitions of acids and bases:
According to this concept acids and bases are defined as follows:
Please below chapter 10 read more pdf
Full Chapter 10 Chemistry Class 10 Notes PDF
10th class chemistry solved exercises pdf
- CHAPTER NO 10 ACIDS, BASES AND SALTS | Chemistry 10
- Chemistry Class 10 Notes Chapter 11 Organic Chemistry
- chemistry notes for class 10 chapter 12 hydrogen
- Chapter No 14 Chemistry Class 10 Notes
- Chapter No 15 Chemistry Class 10 Notes
- Chapter No 16 Chemistry Class 10 Notes
- Difference Between Acid and Base