Answer the following questions.
Unit 1 Simplicity and Humility of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) Class 10 English notes
Q1: What is meant by simplicity and humility?
Ans: Simplicity is a characteristic of greatness. It means doing what is necessary and remaining balanced. Humility is the quality of being humble. Both these great virtues mean straight forward and having low views of one’s importance.
Q2: Describe in a few sentences, the lifestyle of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the light of the text that you have read?
Ans: The lifestyle of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) was simple and humble. He always ate simple food and wore simple clothes. He never searched for a prominent place in a gathering. His mattress was made of leather stuff and leaves of the date tree.
Q3: How can simplicity and humility do away with the culture of extravagance and waste?
Ans: By adopting the qualities of simplicity and humility, we can easily eradicate the culture of extravagance and waste. We can also reduce our expenditure. These qualities save a man from economic problems.
Q4: Read the last paragraph of the lesson “Simplicity and Humility of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH)” with comprehension and write down the main idea and supporting details of the paragraph?
Ans: The main idea of the last paragraph is that we can learn a lot from the faultless qualities of Muhammad’s (PBUH).By adopting the qualities of humbleness and simplicity. we can improve our lives and can eradicate social evils like arrogance, pride, and extravagance. Simplicity and humility will correct our social behavior.
Q5: How did Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) treat his foster sister?
Ans: Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) treated his foster sister with great respect. Whenever she came, he would stand up to receive her and would spread his sheet for her to sit.
B. Choose the correct option for the following statements.
- (b)Led a simple life.
- (d) Poor
- (a) In the same way
- (a) Without money
- (c)Humility was an essential part of Rasool’s character.
A. Choose the correct option for each sentence.
- (c) Abstract noun
- (b) Uncountable noun
- (b) Uncountable
- (c) Abstract noun
- (a) Countable.
B. Write the correct plural of the noun in parenthesis.
- These (person)………are protesting against the president. (Persons)
- The (woman)………. over there want to meet the manager. (Women)
- My (child)………. hate eating pasta. (Children)
- The (student)……. are doing the exercise right now. (Students)
- The (Fish)………. I bought it in the fridge. (Fish)
- Where did you put the (Knife)………. which were on the (Shelf)……? (Knives, shelves)
- (Piano)……. are expansive. (Pianos)
- These (Phenomenon)…………. are not fully understood. (Phenomena)
C. Use both the singular and plural nouns in sentences to show the difference in meaning.
|Good (S)||Umair is a good boy.|
|Goods (P)||Pakistan export goods to other countries.|
|Wood (S)||Ali collects wood for the fire.|
|Woods (P)||I like walking in the woods.|
|Spectacle(S)||The morning assembly was a magnificent spectacle.|
|Spectacles (P)||I bought a pair of spectacles.|
|Character(S)||Adnan’s character is quite different from other boys.|
|Characters(P)||I like the major characters of every Novel.|
|Manner (S)||Fahim is doing his work in a good manner.|
|Manners (P)||Muhammad(PBUH) is a complete example of good manners.|
|Force (S)||Atiq uses his force to open the door.|
|Forces (P)||Arm forces protect the borders of the country.|
D. Identify the noun phrases in the following sentences?
Answer: Noun Phrase: A noun phrase is a group of words that function as a noun in a sentence. For example, He wished to talk to his manager.” In this sentence “His manager” is a noun phrase. The following are the noun phrases.
- His manager.
- The wicked man Poor people.
- The poor man, every penny.
- All the kids.
- Dark stables.
E. Complete each sentence with a properly formed noun clause.
- (b). Where his wallet was?
- (b). Where I was?
- (a). How many children he has?
- (a). How close we are?
- (b). What did she say?
Class 10 Engish Notes Sideshow image Unit 01
- Exercise comprehension:
- Choose the correct option
- Vocabulary Words, definition and pronunciation
- Writing answer pride make as artificial and humility makes us real
- Write a brief summary of the lesson
- Write the correct plural of the nouns in parenthesis.
- Singular and plural nous different meaning
Updated Class 10 English Handwriting Notes
- UNIT 02 THE CHAMPIONS CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- UNIT 03 POEM DREAMS LANGSTON HUGHES
- UNIT 04 POPULATION GROWTH AND ITS IMPACT ON ENVIRONMENT”
- UNIT 05 “THE GREAT MASJID OF CORDOBA & IQBAL” CLASS 10 NOTES
- UNIT 6 IN SPITE OF WAR ANGELA MORGAN ENGLISH NOTESCLASS 10
- UNIT 07 THE AGED MOTHER ENGLISH NOTES CLASS 10
- UNIT 08 WOMEN ROLE IN THE PAKISTAN MOVEMENT
- UNIT 09 POEM EQUIPMENT EDGAR GUEST
- UNIT 10 WATER SCARCITY IN PAKISTAN
- UNIT 11 GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS (GMOS)
- UNIT 12 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES MARY LISLE
- UNIT 13 HAZRAT UMAR (RA) CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- UNIT 14 THE MODEL MILLIONAIRE CLASS 10 NOTES
- UNIT 15 POEM OPPORTUNITY WALTER MALONE
PARAPHRASES OF POEM Class 10 English Notes
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM DREAMS CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 2 IN SPITE OF WAR CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEMS 3 EQUIPMENT CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 4 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
- PARAPHRASES OF POEM 5 OPPORTUNITY CLASS 10 ENGLISH NOTES
STANZA COMPREHENSION Class 10 English Notes
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 1 dream LANGSTON HUGHES CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 2 IN SPITE OF WAR CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 3 EQUIPMENT EDGAR GUEST CLASS 10
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 4 THEY HAVE CUT DOWN THE PINES MARY LISLE CLASS
- STANZA COMPREHENSION POEM 5 OPPORTUNITY WALTER MALONE CLASS 10
English Essay Class 10th
Unit 1 Simplicity and Humility
Unit 1 Simplicity and Humility