Physics IX Notes Chapter 6 Work Power and Energy
Q.2 Define energy? Also, give its different types?
Ans. energy:- The ability of a body to do work is known as the energy it’s unit the same as work that is jouled.
forms of energy:- different types of energy are given below.
(1) Chemical energy:- energy which is obtained during chemical reaction and burning of substances is called chemical energy eg burning of wood coal and petroleum etc.
(2) Nuclear energy:–that type of energy which produced during nuclear reaction is known as nuclear energy for an example process of nuclear fission.
(3) Radicand energy:=the energy of electromagnetic waves is called radiant energy . for example radio waves microwaves x – rays etc have radiant energy.
(4) Electrical energy:-that type of energy with the help of which we can operate different electrical equipment is called electrical energy.
(5) Internal energy:–the the energy of atoms and molecules which is usually in the formula kinetic energy and potential energy is called internal energy.
(6) Mechanical energy:–the the energy produced by moving parts of a machine is called mechanical energy.
(7) Kinetic energy:–the energy produced in a body during motion is called kinetic energy.
(8) Potential energy:–energy possessed by a body by virtue of its position is called potential energy
(9) Heat energy: –a form of energy which travelers from one body to another body due difference of their temperature is called heat energy.
(10)Sound energy:–the energy that gives the sensation of hearing is called sound energy.
PDF Full Chapter 6 Conceptual question and numerical problems.