Major Aziz Bhatti Shaheed

Major Aziz Bhatti Shaheed

Major Aziz Bhatti Shaheed

Raja Aziz Bhatti Shaheed (Nishan Haider) was born on August 6, 1923, in Hong Kong where his father Raja Abdullah Bhatti was residing for his employment. After the end of World War II, the family returned to Ladian, Gujarat, their hometown. Raja Aziz Bhatti joined the Pakistan Military Academy on January 21, 1948, after the formation of Pakistan. In the passing out parade of the first regular course of Pakistan Military Academy in 1950, Shaheed Millat Khan Liaquat Ali Khan awarded him the award of Best Cadet, Sword of Honor and Norman Gold Medal. He then joined Punjab Regiment as Second Lieutenant. 

He became a major in 1956. One aspect of Raja Aziz Bhatti’s personality was honesty on which he never compromised. Once during the training, his class in-charge asked him to memorize the lesson from the whole class. The next day, when the boy was already questioned, he found out the lesson. Major Sahib replied and soon presented a list to the teacher. What is this? The teacher was surprised to see Raja Aziz Bhatti’s name written at the top of the list. Why did you write your name at the top? That is why I did not bring my homework. But what is the harm if you do not write your name? ”The teacher said. Write and write at the top. He replied with literature. 

Well done Bhatti, there was a strange gleam in the teacher’s eyes. Remember me. You will one day do a great deed. He did not instil such habits in you. He wants to take some special work from you. Raja Aziz Bhatti smiled. What they did know was that their teacher had sniffed the scent of a great truth. You were number four among the siblings. He had two older brothers and a sister. His parents named him Aziz Ahmed, but your beautiful impressions made him. Gave a name that is still in vogue today. Anyone who called Aziz Bhatti, who had a face and personality like a prince, called him Raja or Bhatti Sahib. A Chinese astrologer once saw Raja Aziz Bhatti on the island of Hong Kong. So this child will earn a lot of name in life. When he leaves the world, his fame will spread. He was one of the best players in cricket, hockey, tennis and football since he was a student. These games instilled discipline in his personality. 

World War II ended in August 1946. Considering the circumstances, Major Sahib’s parents decided to relocate and moved to Pakistan from Hong Kong with their children. His native village was Ladian, which is located in Gujarat district. This village is the abode of the elders of Raja Aziz Bhatti. It so happened that Major Sahib was on a bicycle with his brother Nazir Ahmed While they were going somewhere, a Hindu boy came in front of the bicycle. 

The bicycle collided with him while he was stopping. The boy was seriously injured. The two brothers picked up the boy and brought him to Daulat Nagar Hospital. Prescribed medicine. Where can I get this medicine, Dr. Sahib? Raja Aziz Bhatti asked. The doctor answered from Lala Musa (name of the city). From Lala Musa? Nazir Ahmed looked at Raja Aziz Bhatti. He is fourteen or fifteen miles away! I have to go, brother John. This is the problem of this boy’s life. ”Raja Aziz Bhatti looked at the boy in the bed and said,“ I don’t care about the heat, the broken road and the distance of fifteen miles. 

The two brothers reached Lala Musa on a bicycle and when they returned to the hospital with the medicine, the doctor was very impressed with their humane sympathy. You both set a perfect example by helping a non-Muslim wounded in this way. There was Dr Sahib. Raja Aziz Bhatti replied and left the hospital with the boy. In 1947, he married Mohtarma Zarina Begum, daughter of Subedar Ikramuddin Bhatti in his own village. Shortly after the marriage, Major Sahib and his brothers Nazir Ahmed and Sardar Muhammad joined the Indian Air Force. 

Pakistan came into being and their respective troops came to Rawalpindi. Upon his arrival here, Major Sahib applied for a commission in the Pakistan Army which he was happy with Fortunately, you joined the Pakistan Army and after becoming Pakistan, military training classes were launched at the Military Academy in Kakul, near Abbottabad. You got admission for this training after hard work and success in hard competitive exams. The competition was very tough and there was no chance of recommendation and discount. Major Sahib passed all the training exams of the institute with very good marks. 

The biggest prize of this organization was the Northern Gold Medal, which you won as a result of your hard work and constant effort, proving that they were successful in whatever they set out to do. Area On 29 May 1965, Major Raja Aziz Bhatti was appointed Commander of the Pakistan Army in the area. A few days after taking charge, news of the martyrdom of his friend Major Khush Dil Afridi spread. Major Khush Dil Afridi was seriously injured in a landmine blast in the Ranch area in June 1965. He was imprisoned and the news spread that he had been martyred. 

As there was no means of denial or confirmation, it was accepted as true, but the matter was still under investigation by the department. Shortly after taking charge, Raja Aziz Bhatti took a two-month leave from July 19, 1965, to September 18, 1965, and returned home. When he reached home, Major Sahib’s wife asked him about Major Afridi. Raja Aziz Bhatti avoided the matter and did not give any satisfactory answer. When Begum asked a question, Raja Aziz Bhatti asked the answer. Why are you so desperately seeking an answer? Because I think you are upset with the martyrdom of Major Afridi, Begum looked at his face carefully. He said, “You are mad, Raja Aziz Bhatti.” Look, Afridi’s martyrdom has not been confirmed yet. 

The investigation is underway. The stages of the investigation are being worked out. But if Afridi has been martyred, then more than that. What else will be lucky for you? This is the greatest honour for him in religion and in the world and it is a matter of pride for me that Afridi who was martyred is my friend. I understand maybe you, Begum wanted to say. To go When death comes and comes in the form of martyrdom, what is left for the servant to ask from him. Begum was satisfied with his answer and her feelings of respect and esteem for Raja Aziz Bhatti doubled. August 29, 1965, was the day he was informed that his leave would be cancelled and in case of emergency, he was ordered to report for duty immediately. 

Raja Aziz Bhatti started preparing to return to duty the next morning. It was his last night with his family when they were having dinner and talking with him. The leave has been canceled. Will the leave be granted again if the conditions are right? Begum was depressed Asked. Will definitely be found. Why are you getting sad? In the life of a soldier, these ups and downs keep coming. Raja Aziz Bhatti laughed and said, “Father John!” Is there going to be a war with India? Suddenly his younger son Zulfiqar asked. Yes, son, it seems that there will be a war now. Things have never been as bad as they are these days.

Raja Aziz Bhatti replied seriously. So, father, don’t show your back in the war. In forgetfulness, in an enthusiastic tone, the son made a hand gesture and said. Well done Raja Aziz Bhatti kissed his son. See Zarina. He looked at his wife and said, “You have heard.” What is your son saying? ”Then he addressed his son and said,“ You too, remember one thing of mine, son! Give orders, father John. Little Zulfiqar said. If I am martyred while fighting in the war, do not shed tears. Raja Aziz Bhatti took oath from his son. On the morning of September 5, when Raja Aziz Bhatti after Fajr prayers as usual Recited the Holy Quran. Read the translation. 

He fell in love with his youngest son Javed Iqbal. At that moment, a jeep came to pick him up. His servant Nader put the goods in the jeep. Raja Aziz Bhatti met his wife after having children. He met the rest of the family and said goodbye to all of them and left for duty. September 6, 1965, was the historic day when cunning, cunning and cowardly India invaded our homeland before dawn from Lahore. Pakistan Major Aziz Bhatti was commanding a company in Burki area in Lahore sector when India invaded Pakistan on September 6, 1965. Two platoons of the company were stationed on the other side of the BRB canal. Major Aziz Bhatti on the other side of the canal Decided to move forward with the platoon. In a situation where the enemy was attacking relentlessly and had the full support of artillery and tanks. Major Aziz Bhatti and his men continued to fight with an iron will and remained steadfast in their position. 

On the night between 9th and 10th September, the enemy sent an entire battalion to launch a full-scale attack on the entire sector. Major Aziz Bhatti was ordered to return to his side of the canal in this situation, but when he reached the bank of the canal fighting, the enemy had already captured the place and he led a very serious attack. He drove the enemy out of the area and then stood under enemy fire until all his men and vehicles reached the other side of the canal. He defended the company anew on this side of the canal. Organized for The enemy, with their small arms, tanks and cannons, rained down fire on the enemy’s path The biggest obstacle on this front was Major Raja Aziz Bhatti. His God-given ability to hit him had made him chew the cud. His comrades also acted on his every command in a moment’s break without caring for his life in such a way that they were amazed at themselves. For the last six days and six nights on the front, the enemy had suffered so much loss of life and property that it was unimaginable. 

Repeated failures and constant losses had put the enemy under nervous stress and most of all. The main reason was that mentally the Indian army had suffered a fatal feeling of defeat by a small contingent of one hundred and fifty (150) Muslim soldiers on this front. Thousands of his troops were reduced to zero. By now, hundreds of his troops had been sent to hell on this front, while only 11 (11) Pakistani soldiers were martyred in retaliation. On September 12, 1965, Major Aziz Bhatti Performed ablution. He offered Fajr prayers. Shave, in the hair Of comb When they were ready, the servant brought tea. When he finished tea, he ordered to bring a uniform. It turned out that his uniform was not ready. When the servant brought someone else’s ready-made uniform, Major Aziz Bhatti refused and said a historical phrase: 

The young uniform and the shroud look good on their own. Saying this, Major Sahib stepped towards the track where he had to stand and perform the duties of OP for his troops even today. The firing of the Indian Army intensified in the morning. Continued with It seemed that he had so many weapons that he was running aimlessly. The shells were falling to the right and left of Major Aziz Bhatti. Two or three shells fell a few yards ahead of them and exploded. The fire is coming. Come down. Hawaldar Major Faiz Ali shouted and said Hawaldar. Major Sahib laughed and said how many times I have said that it is not possible to keep an eye on the enemy below the track and anyway the fun that is in standing in the rain of this shelling and doing duty is in a safe place! At the same time, Major Sahib saw some Indian tanks rushing towards the canal from Burki. He immediately ordered the artillery to fire on this side. 

The fire hit the target. Indian tanks bounced in the air like children’s toys and fell on the ground surrounded by flames. Major Aziz Bhatti applauded the gunner. At that moment, a shell landed on the trees in front of them. A storm of fire, dust and explosions arose but Major Sahib did not get hurt. It was half-past nine in the morning when enemy artillery fired a shell. The shell rose in the air. He hit Bhatti’s chest and tore his lungs out. Major Aziz Bhatti jumped and stumbled. His soldier had been martyred in the line of duty. He paid tribute to the gunner. At that moment, a shell landed on the trees in front of them. 

A storm of fire, dust and explosions arose but Major Sahib did not get hurt. It was half-past nine in the morning when enemy artillery fired a shell. The shell rose in the air. He hit Bhatti’s chest and tore his lungs and left. Major Aziz Bhatti jumped and stumbled. His soldier had been martyred in the line of duty. He paid tribute to the gunner. At that moment, a shell landed on the trees in front of them. A storm of fire, dust and explosions arose but Major Sahib did not get hurt. It was half-past nine in the morning when enemy artillery fired a shell. The shell rose in the air. He hit Bhatti’s chest and tore his lungs and left. Major Aziz Bhatti jumped and stumbled. His soldier had been martyred in the line of duty.

When the time came to connect, then at the command of the Presence, we closed the windows of our eyes and opened our chests.

For a few moments, when Major Aziz Bhatti’s voice did not rise, his comrades panicked. How was it possible that Major Aziz Bhatti, who was constantly giving instructions, became silent in response to the enemy’s shelling? They rushed to the track and stopped breathing when they saw that Major Aziz Bhatti had sacrificed his life March 23, 1966, was the day of the Republic of Pakistan when the President of Pakistan General Muhammad Ayub Khan attended the awarding ceremony of “National Heroes” to the 94 officers and soldiers of the Pakistan Army He was awarded various medals and honours along with other honorees. In recognition of the glorious martyrdom of Major Raja Aziz Bhatti Shaheed, the Government of Pakistan announced to give Haider insignia.

%d bloggers like this: