Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education
BISE Dera Ismail Khan came into existence in 2006. He is working in a building on River Road, Dera Ismail Khan.
The conduct of the examination section consists of two separate sections. Matriculation section for dealing with matriculation examinations and an intermediate section for dealing with intermediate examinations.
A printing section has also been set up for printing question papers. Computer cell is related to all data management activities. Under the board, KPK manages the calendar based on the BISE Act 1990. Provides a complete set of rules and regulations as well as for instructions for running the board. Within the parameters set forth in this Act, the Board makes rules and regulations for its operation. In addition, the controlling authority has the power to provide instructions to the board to regulate any activity.
The Board’s jurisdiction includes:
- 1: Dera Ismail Khan District and its FATA area.
- 2: District Tank and its FATA area.
- 3: South Waziristan Agency (S.W.A)
- a. Government schools, including higher secondary schools and colleges, tehsil wise, both men and women.
- b. Tehsil wise, private schools, men and women.
- c Tehsil wise, private colleges, men and women.
- All ninth and eleventh-grade students must enroll with the board.
- At the matriculation level, the student strength is around 40,000 and at the intermediate level, it is more than 25,000.