Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Hyderabad
The Board of Management strives to contribute to the achievement of national goals and education goals at the secondary and higher secondary levels, to provide quality services to all
stakeholders, to establish integrity through fair, transparent and effective examinations and diagnostic systems, and to promote the curriculum. Believes And expanding their knowledge horizons for students to develop curriculum activities and careers.
- Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education,
- Hyderabad, Pakistan
- Phone: 0092-22-9260271
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.biseh.edu.pk
History of the Board
The Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Hyderabad is one of the oldest boards established under the West Pakistan Ordinance, 1961. Since its inception, there have been numerous ordinances/acts to ensure the effective functioning of the Board. Prior to the formation of the Board, the University of Sindh was responsible for matriculation examinations under the Sindh University Act, 1947. Initially, the board was set up at the Metharam Hostel near the General Post Office, Hyderabad. In view of the Board’s document titled ‘Decade of Development’ (1958-1968), Prof. Ibrahim Shamim, former Chairman of the Board, highlighted that due to the collective efforts of the Board’s employees, the Board has emerged as a powerful educational institution.
But assuming responsibility for improving the quality of education at the secondary and intermediate levels in all districts of Sindh except Karachi. The National Education Commission (1958) recommended two-year intermediate education (Class XII-XII) after matriculation (Class X) and the Board was entrusted with the responsibility of examinations at the secondary and intermediate levels. Therefore, in 1961, the University of Sindh, under the leadership of
Dr. GA, entrusted the Board with the responsibility for the examinations of Secondary and Intermediate Education. Jaffrey, Founding Chairman of the Board. Mr. AG Akhund, the then Minister of Law and Parliamentary Affairs, Government of West Pakistan laid the foundation stone of the purposefully constructed building on February 24, 1967. The Board moved to its present building (1.75 acres) on December 26, 1967. However, the building was officially inaugurated by
Mr. Malik Abdul Latif Khan, the then Secretary, Ministry of Education, on September 3, 1968. The existing building consists of three floors with additional facilities such as a library, auditorium, etc. The board had built a sports stadium. (More than 8 acres) Latifabad Unit 6, Hyderabad to provide maximum sports facilities to students. The board also created a chairperson’s residence to provide maximum accommodation to the resident.
The board also built a youth hostel to provide accommodation for students from various educational institutions across the country to participate in the annual sports activities. The board plans to further renovate the sports stadium and youth hostel. With the significant expansion of schools and colleges, the Sindh government created three more education boards, including the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Mirpur Khas, Larkana and Sukkur.
Currently, the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Hyderabad conducts its secondary and intermediate examinations in ten (10) districts. These include; Hyderabad, Jamshoro, Matiari, Dadu, Tando Allahyar, Syed Benazirabad, Tando Muhammad Khan, Thatta, Sujawal, and Badin. The Board has produced a large number of alumni including academics, researchers, politicians, heads of state, parliamentarians, judges, lawyers, engineers, government employees, scientists, human rights activists, philanthropists, social reformers, poets, writers, scholars, economists are included. , Historians, archaeologists, architects, industrialists, agriculturists, and others.